Обновлено: 12 февр.
Graduated of the St. Petersburg Conservatory (class of Professor T. Tawer)
According to authoritative musicians of the country - Magrufa is the first, leading, and the best harpist of Kazakhstan.
She has 40 years of successful professional concert and teaching activities.
She has performed with symphony orchestras in the best concert halls in more than 15 countries around the world.
1981 -1983 - Artist of the Symphony Orchestra of the Abay Opera and Ballet Theater.
1983-2001 - Artist of the State Symphony Orchestra (Almaty)
Since 2001 she has been an artist of the symphony orchestra of the Opera Ballet Theater and the Philharmonic Society of Astana.
Currently Professor KazNUA and soloist of the State Symphony Orchestra (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan)
All students of Magurfa Mukazhanova are top prize winners of various International and Republican competitions.
Author of two music collections - pieces for harp by Kazakh composers.
The winner of a participation invitation of the recording of CDs from WHD and OIA among 100 harpists from around the world.
Member of the International Online Harp Projects: WHD (World Harp Day); IHD (Irish Harp Day).
Awards: medal «Best Teacher» and Certificate of honor from the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. What slogan would represent you and your art the most?
- My mission is to bestow magical sounds of the harp on people and popularize this instrument.
It happened that I was a pioneer in this profession. As the harp had been a rare and novel instrument for Kazakh public for a long time. Thanks to my first performances on TV and other stages, Kazakh people got acquainted with Kazakh music played on the harp. Besides, my mission was to educate and train Kazakh harpers.
2. What do you value the most in music?
- Friedrich Nietzsche once said, “Without music, life would be a mistake”.
Music makes us smarter, nobler. Music plays a huge role in our life.
Music makes us sad, happy; it relieves tension when we are tired, finally, it heals.
3. Many musicians say that they get to know themselves more and open own new talents because of your art…How the music influenced you?
- It appears to me that the fact that I have been doing music since my childhood, it developed in me such qualities as self-discipline, diligence, orderliness, pursuit of beauty, and of course, the taste.
Music makes me more noble and high-souled. I believe that real musicians should carry a high culture.
4. What does music mean to you?
- For me, Music is my life. I devoted more time of my life to the harp, and I can’t imagine my life without it.
5. Who are your idols?
- “You shall not make for yourself an idol” says the Bible. I do not advise anyone to follow someone blindly or worship an idol, and I do nothing myself. Of course, there are performers whose performance I admire or composers whose music I really like. Sometimes, I can shed a tear while listening to a wonderful performance, music, or movie which is an indicator that it had a very strong impact which means that it was a work of great talent.
6. If you weren't a musician, what would you be?
- I sometimes wondered who I would become if I wasn’t a musician. Perhaps I would become a historian since I am eager for research work. I like to read biographies of famous people and listen to interesting modern people. I would like to interview them.
7. Do you think that musicians have all opportunities to become popular and successful in Kazakhstan (on globally)? Why?
- In general there are conditions to become good musicians in Kazakhstan. There are many educated teachers, professionals in their field. But unfortunately, musicians often deal with the fact that there is no opportunity to express their talents. There are few concert venues where they could hold their concerts, the people have no sufficient level of understanding of the culture with the help of what they could appreciate classical music. Sometimes our concerts take place in half-empty halls, and it’s sad to talk about honorarium in general. We often have to perform for free. That’s why we do not arrange many concerts. Maybe things will change in the future. You should always go ahead.
8. What is the ideal life for you as a musician?
- For me, ideal life is the presence of an excellent concert harp, professional sound engineers, recording studio. Sufficient time for improvement, financial opportunities to fulfill creative plans.