What slogan would represent you and your art the most?
- The Main and true way to become the Great Nation is to rekindle, preserve and popularize historical cultural values.
What do you value the most in music?
- First of all, I appreciate versatility in Music – it is an endless string of discoveries and infinite process of musical evolution. I also consider its uniqueness and ability to convey ideas, history, mood of not only one person, but also entire eras and civilizations. Music is an international, global common language. Music is a medicine that can heal the soul and body of a person, Music is magic.
Many musicians say that they get to know themselves more and open own new talents because of your art…How the music influenced you?
- Actually, Music contributes into human’s development at spiritual, intellectual and physiological levels. Musical culture is one of the instruments which affect not only human’s general outlook, but above all, it is a powerful tool that helps to develop personality of each individual. Magic world of music has opened for me, personally, many doors and endowed with knowledge and vivid emotions for the whole life. Music inspired me to take up an academic career, conduct researches, and numerous tours around the world left their mark on expanding my horizons, and of course, Music influenced my career growth.
What does music mean to you?
- Music is magic we live with, but sometimes we do not pay due attention and recognize its importance. For me, Music is the life, and it is important as air. Music is always with me and it is everywhere.
Who are your idols?
- I have no idols, but there some individuals whom I admire, get inspired and learn new things.
If you weren't a musician, what would you be?
- I would have a wide choice, probably as everyone. I like to explore new things and believe that human can do everything. So, while studying Music I learned to handle blade weapons of ancestors. For example, I like to practice saber fencing, shoot from a traditional bow. And due to that, I opened my own ethno-club Turan where everyone can learn ancient types of military art. In 2018, I became the fastest traditional bow shooter in Kazakhstan. I also have a passion for making professional video and editing. I also write prose. Poetry is still in its embryonic state, but there is noticeable progress in prose. This year I plan to release my first book. And of course, pedagogical activity is always with me. Thus, being a musician, I still have a few skills that could become the main activity in my life if there was no music in it.
Do you think that musicians have all opportunities to become popular and successful in Kazakhstan (on globally)? Why?
- Sure, there are a lot of chances. First chance is our education. If we speak about classic music, it is not a secret that our alumni, fellow citizens work abroad and perform on the stages around the world. A striking example is Marat Bissengaliyev, an outstanding virtuoso, violinist who conquered the world. If we talk about traditional music of Kazakhstan, then it is very rich in its own folklore and highly appreciated by foreign listeners. And judging by the latest achievements in the field of modern music, we can highlight Dimash Kudaibergen, Daneliya Tuleshova, Imanbek Zeikenov who are already globally recognized performers. And, of course, Kazakh musicians have a great future and it depends on them.
What is the ideal life for you as a musician?
- The life I have is a musician’s ideal life and that is perfect. I have booming work, held concerts, tours, and the most important I have a spouse, who is also a musician, and our baby who pleases us with his small, but already great achievements.